top of page

At the present time, Orpe Human Rights Advocates is still waiting for the Board of Immigration of Appeal (BIA) to recognize the organization and accredit the organization's staff members. It is not taking on cases. The program will start operating as soon as the Program Director of the OLAP emits a favorable decision. After the decision, OHRA is prepared to offer a wide range of legal services to low-income immigrants. Accredited representatives and trained staff are expected of providing consultations and legal representation on the following matters:


Orpe Human Rights Advocates provides free legal representation to asylum seekers fleeing persecution in their homelands.

Family-based immigration
Legal assistance for permanent residents and U.S. citizens who want to apply to bring family members to the United States or to allow family members in the United States to adjust their status.

Applications for Lawful Permanent Residence
Assistance in completing and filing applications for lawful permanent residence (also known as a green card.

Legal assistance for permanent residents who want to apply to become U.S. citizens.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
Legal assistance for immigrants who qualify for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) visas based on their country of origin and dates of immigration.

Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA)
Assistance in completing and filing applications for Nicaraguan, Cuban, Salvadoran, and Guatemalan immigrants and nationals of the former Soviet Union who entered the United States in the 1990s.

Deferred Action for Eligible Youth (DACA) 

Legal assistance for eligible youth and their families seeking to apply for deferred action and employment authorization. If you are looking to renew your DACA application, email us at for upcoming clinics. If you want to make an initial DACA application, please email us at

Removal/deportation defense
Legal representation for immigrants who are in deportation proceedings.

Legal protections for immigrant victims of family violence
Legal assistance for men and women who qualify for immigration benefits under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) because they have been abused by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Visas for immigrant victims of crimes
Assistance in obtaining a visa for immigrants who have been a victim of a crime and are willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation of that crime.

Visas for immigrant victims of human trafficking
Assistance in obtaining a visa for immigrants who have been trafficked into the United States.

Detention defense

Legal orientation and representation to immigrant adults who are held by the Department of Homeland Security/Immigration and Customs Enforcement in immigration detention. 


  • Family-based permanent residence applicants

  • Eligible youth (DREAMers) seeking to apply for deferred action (DACA) and employment authorization.

  • Permanent residents applying for citizenship.

  • Immigrants who are victims of domestic violence or violent crime and seek protection in the United States.

  • Victims of international human trafficking.

  • Immigrants applying for Temporary Protect Status (TPS) or NACARA.

  • Immigrants in detention centers 

  • Asylum seekers

Please note that OHRA can only provide legal consultation to qualified low-income  who cannot afford the services of a private lawyer. Detained immigrants will be provided assistance depending on the availability of charitable funds destined for this effect. Individuals can also find a list of free and low-cost immigration legal aid organizations throughout the country on the U.S. Department of Justice website.

At the moment, OHRA does not offer services for detained immigrants. Immigration services stated on this website will only be operational after the OLAP has approved the recognition of the organization and the accreditation of its staff members.

If you are an asylum seeker: 
For more information about OHRA's asylum services call (410)-588-0818. Please note that this is an informational line only.  However, it's much better to email us at  When sending us an email, please make sure to include the following information: complete name, telephone number, and the reason for contact.
If you are detained or are calling about someone in detention: 

Call (410) 588-0818. Detained immigrants use the pro bono platform

Detained individuals and their loved ones may also leave messages for OHRA staff throughout the week when calling through the pro bono platform or from outside custody. 

If you have a hearing at the Immigration Court and would like general information on the process:
Email us at


Unaccompanied minor
If you entered the country as an unaccompanied minor:
Email us at


Other cases:
To make an appointment for any other immigration issues: email


Note: OHRA will only respond to emails requesting an appointment for a consultation. 

bottom of page